Deer and Doe Datura in Liberty and yarn-dyed cotton/linen

 We continue our love affair with Deer and Doe patterns here at The Drapery. This Datura was planned a couple of weeks ago and the version in voile from the previous posts was the 'wearable muslin' before making this. After much deliberation between View A and B, the collared version won out.
 The front panel is cut from just a (metric) fat quarter of Liberty Tana Lawn, in this dreamy print called 'Sandy Ray' that makes us sigh every time we look at it. The rest is in the lovely 'Otter' cotton/linen crossweave.
 To complement the delicate and ethereal nature of the print, this blouse has seven tiny pearly buttons (non-functional, sewn through all layers) at the back.
Of course, just as I go to post this we have sold out of the Datura pattern, but we will most certainly be re-stocking! The fabrics are both still available.

- Jane & Fiona xx

Comments

  1. Stop it. Just stop it.It is gorgeous.

    I need to stop buying these and make some of them up. I hadn't looked twice at this one before now.
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack, Jane, this is gorgeous! Love the fabric and the way you've used it. This pattern was down my wish list, but now it's moved to the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Jane, this is YOUR pattern! It fits you so well and is so flattering! And these fabrics are just to. die. for. WOOOOOOOOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely agree with Inder, not for the first time!
    Once I loose my post baby puffiness I am a-coming in to buy a copy. I will be in Town in 5 weeks for a check up, if you have them in, may you hold one for me?
    You look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole (and everyone else!). I will definitely put a pattern aside for you when we re-order. Not 100% sure when that will be but they are tempting us with an imminent new pattern release right now, too :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love to know who's reading and what you think so please leave us a comment! We'll also try to answer any questions you may have.

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern Review: In The Folds Jumpsuit (free pattern for Peppermint Magazine)

Care of your Boiled Wool

Boiled Wool Shrug - free tutorial